Big Island Coffee Roasters
Protect your purchase from loss, theft or damage with our simple, no BS order protection policy.
For all U.S. domestic orders purchased with order protection, coverage applies to all products contained in the order against physical loss, theft or damage during transit, defects and wrong items received.
The Assured (that’s you!) must contact Big Island Coffee Roasters via email email@example.com or call 808-968-6228 to inform and explain the nature of the claim. The correspondence must include the order number and any evidence or documentation to support the claim.
Once a claim is approved, the Assured is entitled to (1) store credit (less shipping costs); (2) full product replacement; or (3) a refund (less shipping costs), as chosen by the Assured, for any product(s) that are lost, stolen or damaged during transit, defective or incorrect.
Big Island Coffee Roasters reserves the right to request documentation (photos, videos or other material deemed appropriate or necessary for eligibility determination) from the Assured of the loss(es), damage(s), defect(s) or incorrect product(s).
This protection attaches from the time the protected goods commence transit and/or are located anywhere incidental to transit and continues during the ordinary course of transit until transportation terminates at final destination or the Assured’s interest ceases, whichever occurs first.
ELIGIBILITY & SHIPPING DELAYS
New and approved goods are protected against “All-Risk” of physical loss, theft or damage from any external cause.
Orders will be considered lost in transit under the following conditions:
FedEx, UPS and DHL shipments
Any order not received within 5 (5) business days of the scheduled delivery date, as dictated by carrier tracking information.
Any order not received within ten (10) business days of the scheduled delivery date, as dictated by USPS documented tracking information.
EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS of LIABILITY
Protection coverage does NOT apply to replacement orders, free products, or orders over $2,000.
This coverage does not apply to any loss, damage, theft or expense attributable to or caused by:
- Ordinary wear and tear of the goods insured;
- Assured’s dissatisfaction with the product(s);
- Willful misconduct, infidelity, conversion or dishonest acts of the Assured, or the Assured's employees, whether committed alone or in collusion with others;
- Inherent vice or nature of the goods insured;
- Insolvency or financial default of the owners, managers, charterers, or operators of the freight carrier where, at the time of loading of the protected goods on board the vessel, the Assured is aware, or in the ordinary course of business should be aware, that such insolvency or financial default could prevent the normal prosecution of the voyage. This exclusion shall not apply where the contract of insurance has been assigned to the party claiming hereunder who has bought or agreed to buy the goods insured in good faith under a binding contract.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the exclusions stated above, this protection covers loss of or damage caused by the negligence of any third party who has possession or custody of or responsibility for the cargo insured hereunder during the time that this protection is in force.
*This summary is provided as a matter of information only and confers no legal or contractual rights upon the Assured.