Hario V60 Brew Guide
A step by step guide on how to brew Kona Peaberry coffee with a Hario V60
What you'll need:
- Burr Grinder
- Coffee Dripper (Hario V60, etc...)
- Place filter in V60.
- Rinse with hot water to remove any paper taste.
- Discard water and preheat your cup.
- Measure out 20g of freshly roasted coffee.
- Grind coffee to a medium, about the size of kosher salt.
- Place coffee in filter, gently shake to level the coffee bed.
- Zero out scale and start the timer.
- Pour 50g of hot water (205 ℃) onto coffee.
Make sure to saturate all of the grounds, and let coffee bloom for 30 seconds.
- Pour another 50g of water every 30 seconds. Pour in circular motion, starting from the center and moving out to the edges of the coffee bed. Be sure to saturate all of the coffee grounds.
- Continue pouring until you reach about 300g or about 10oz of coffee.
- You should finish pouring all of the water in 2.5 minutes. The shorter brew time brings out the sweeter fruit notes in the coffee. All of the water should finish draining in about 3 minutes.
- Remove the V60
- Pour into your mug and enjoy!