In 2021, we delivered more local coffees than ever before. From Hamakua Mahina to Ka'u Maragogipe, in the last 12 months alone our coffee purchases have put 7-figures into the hands of Hawaii farmers, and 83% of that went to rural, artisan Big Island coffee farmers + the people they employ.
When you've purchased our fresh and authentic Hawaiian coffees, you've also been nurturing rural farming communities and have helped to protect the wild and beautiful places of Hawaii.
Together we've...• Put $3.5m into the hands of local family-run coffee farms
• Prevented over 29 tons of CO2 emissions by using 100% renewable electric energy
• Donated $7400 in 2021 to non-profits protecting wildlife refuge & rehab
• Donated 50 lb of Ka'u coffee in 2021 to Hawaii Island families in need.
Awards & Accolades in 2021
Exciting News for 2022!
• We're thrilled to share that this year we're opening our first public roastery and cafe! After a decade of being behind the scenes, we're ooooh-so excited to invite you to visit us for tastings in Hilo. Opening TBD!
• Launching soon: a Big Island loyalty program! All orders you've placed in the past year will receive points, and coffee club members will receive double.
• Our new single-serve Hawaiian & Kona coffees sold out faster than we imagined and faster than our inventory systems could keep up! They'll be back in stock by mid-February. Sign up for the waiting list here.
• Upcoming coffees include Red Bourbon, Yellow Bourbon, Washed Maragogipe, Waialua Twilight, and more! Coffee Club members, there are exciting coffees in store for you, including a 2022 New Year Naturals coffee and 94-pt Kona Peaberry!
• You can now find our Kona & Hawaiian coffees at all swanky Metropolitan Markets in Seattle and Zupans in Oregon. Portland's Market of Choice carries Espresso Bites.
Here's to a magical 2022,
Kelleigh, Brandon, Leah, Kyle
and the team at Big Island Coffee Roasters
Want to receive our newsletter and emails like this? Join here.