In 2021, we delivered more local coffees than ever before. From Hamakua Mahina to Ka'u Maragogipe, in the last 12 months alone our coffee purchases have put 7-figures into the hands of Hawaii farmers, and 83% of that went to rural, artisan Big Island coffee farmers + the people they employ. Thank you.
When you've purchased our fresh and authentic Hawaiian coffees, you've also been nurturing rural farming communities and have helped to protect the wild and beautiful places of Hawaii.
Together we've...• Recently put $3.5m into the hands of local family-run coffee farm
• Prevented over 29 tons of CO2 emissions by using 100% renewable electric energy
• Donated $7400 in 2021 to non-profits protecting wildlife refuge & rehab
• Donated 50 lb of Ka'u coffee in 2021 to Hawaii Island families in need
Awards & Accolades in 2021
Exciting News for 2022
• This year we're opening our first public tasting room and roastery in Hilo. After a decade of being super behind-the-scenes, we're oh-so excited to invite you to visit us for tastings in Hilo! Opening TBD.
• Thanks to a new partnership with the nations largest natural/specialty foods distributor (UNFI), our products will soon be available to specialty grocers nation-wide. This helps us add new jobs and skill-sets to workers in rural, jungled east Hawaii, and supports a large network of farmers throughout the island chain. ♡
• Launching soon: a Big Island loyalty program! Select orders placed 12 months prior to launch may receive points, and coffee club members may receive double.
• In the PNW? You can now find us at all 12 swanky Metropolitan Markets in Seattle, Zupan's throughout Oregon, and Market of Choice in Portland. Yay!
• Our new single-serve Hawaiian & Kona coffees sold out faster than we imagined and faster than our inventory systems could keep up! Single Serve local coffees will be back in stock by late-February. Learn more & sign up for the waiting list here.
• We have stellar Kona micro-lot coffees debuting this year, launching exclusively to our newsletter, SMS and/or to Coffee Club members. We call them 'micro-lots' because they're super small, so only way to know when they launch is to sign up.
Here's to a magical 2022,
Kelleigh, Brandon, Leah, Kyle
and the team at Big Island Coffee Roasters